Travel Job Offer by American Express: Corporate Specialized Travel Counselor Job (for internal use only, AMEX, CANADA-ONTARIO)
Since American Express first entered the travel business in 1915, their Consumer Travel Network has grown to one of the world’s largest travel networks.
Corporate Specialized Travel Counselor-14004938
American Express Canada is a company with a long history and a bright future. A Canadian employer since 1853, Amex has created a culture that nurtures extraordinary talent and turns careers into unparalleled experiences. A company where every employee is given the opportunity to learn, grow and excel, Amex is always on the lookout for driven, forward-thinking and creative people ready to take their career to the next level. So, if you share our passion for excellence, our dedication to great service and our excitement about innovation, there’s a world of opportunity waiting for you in a career with American Express Canada.
Choose a career at American Express and you choose a company with a 150-year history of integrity and a demonstrated commitment to the future of its employees. Known around the world as one of the most successful financial services businesses, a leading consumer brand, a gold standard in customer satisfaction, and one of the best places to work. American Express is interested in getting to know you. As an American Express Specialized Corporate Travel Counselor, this person will provide a specialized servicing to client travelers that will require high touch service. The Travel Counselor will join a team of highly skilled travel counselors offering unique level of service, outstanding GDS skills, as well as vast destination knowledge. This Travel Counselor will be accountable for both individual goals, as well as shared team goals, and responsible for providing customer service and accurate completion of both international, domestic travel arrangements, and special requests.
– Arranging routine and complex domestic and international business travel for air, car, hotel, limo and rail
– Providing consultative multi-country routings for best fares and preferred carrier usage * Ensuring optimum customer servicing while coordinating interdepartmental responsibilities
– Knowledge of Sabre GDS preferred
– Uses positive telephone service techniques; act on special customer requests and maintain excellent client relations
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
– Minimum 2+ years of recent corporate travel experience
– Working knowledge of a GDS is required, Sabre preferred
– Knowledge of international faring and airline routing principles; at least 2+ years of international experience is highly preferred
– In depth knowledge of world geography
– Professional written and verbal communication skills
– Able to multi-task in a fast paced, ever changing environment
– Must be able to quickly learn and integrate policy and procedures; knowledge of American Express procedures is highly preferred
It’s an exciting time to join American Express Canada, where we dedicate extensive time, resources and effort to satisfying and surprising our customers. We make that same commitment to our employees, as well, striving to create an environment where people are respected, both personally and professionally. Be part of it.
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Amex – for internal use only