Travel Job Offer by American Express: Corporate Travel Counselor Job (Detroit, MI, US)
Since American Express first entered the travel business in 1915, their Consumer Travel Network has grown to one of the world’s largest travel networks.
Corporate Travel Counselor-13016272
Choose a career at American Express and you choose a company with a 150 year history of integrity and a demonstrated commitment to the future of its employees. Known around the world as one of the most successful financial services businesses, a leading consumer brand, a gold standard in customer satisfaction and one of the best places to work – American Express is interested in getting to know you.
As a Travel Counselor you will be responsible for the timely and accurate servicing of American Express Business Travel arrangements for corporate clients. Duties include: provide business travel services for air/rail transportation, hotels and auto rentals; consult client on efficient routes, lowest available fares, exchange rates, travel products/services; ensure optimum customer service through effective use of Apollo reservation system and positive telephone service techniques; act on special customer requests and maintain excellent client relations.
The Ideal Candidate will possess the following:
* 2+ years Corporate Travel Experience; current experience is highly preferred.
* Strong International Booking experience; current Apollo proficiency preferred.
* Must be a Results Oriented, Self Directed, Self-Starter with an exceptional work ethic.
* PNR accuracy and Superior Customer Servicing skills are needed.
* Must be open to work a shift M-F between 8 AM-6 PM ET.
Due to the business needs, the ideal location will be Detroit, MI to provide on-site support, however, virtual candidates will be considered.
– Dedicated work space must be within own residence and that follows the ergonomic and safety guidelines for performing travel counselor duties
– Axcess@Home Agent is responsible for supplying their own furniture; desk with lockable drawer or separate lockable file cabinet, chair, document shredder, smoke detector in proximity of work area, and fire extinguisher
– Axcess@Home Agent must complete Flexible Work Arrangement Application and Agreement
– Axcess@Home Agent must complete and meet the requirements of the Work Environment and Safety Assessment
– High speed internet capability with at least 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload speeds: DSL or Cable (no wireless or satellite ISP’s are permitted)
– Dedicated and separate analog landline phone for training and production calls (no VOIP – voice over internet protocol)
Primary Location: US-Michigan-Detroit