Travel Job Offer by American Express: Corporate Travel Counselor (New York, NY) Job (New York, NY, US)
Since American Express first entered the travel business in 1915, their Consumer Travel Network has grown to one of the world’s largest travel networks.
Corporate Travel Counselor (New York, NY)-13010606
The Corporate Travel Counselor will plan and book all details of travel for Global Client customers, inclusive of VIPs and Executives, according to travel policies as well as American Express policies and procedures. Will ensure high level customer service through effective use of the SABRE GDS and Point of Sale (POS) tools such as Hotel Guide Direct, RezOnePlus (ROP), and Quick Exchange, while maintaining excellent telephone service techniques and prompt replies to e-mails. Handle routes, offer lowest available fares, advise passport and visa requirement and offer useful advice. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to: VIP reconfirmations, customer service issue research, debit memo research and special projects as needed. Must be able to work in fast paced environment.
The Ideal Candidate will possess the following:
* Requires 3+ years of corporate travel counselor experience in an onsite or travel office; current corporate travel experience is highly preferred.
* An outstanding customer service focus.
* Strong international and domestic travel counseling skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong teamwork and flexibility.
* Knowledge of American Express operations (including Point of Sale and back office tools and accounting) is highly preferred.
* Able to work in a fast passed environment and ability to multi-task.
* Ability to work independently, combined with creative problem solving skills.
* Strong Sabre knowledge.
Due to the business needs, this person will provide on-site support to the client in NY, NY.
Primary Location: US-New York-New York