Chronology of the sinking of the Costa Concordia:
- 9:45 p.m. Italian time (GMT + 1), January 13rd: Costa Concordia strikes rocks.
- 10:03: Police tell Italian coast guard they have received passenger complaints.
- 10:05: Costa Concordia’s command tells ship’s operator, Costa Crociere, that ship is dealing with unidentified ‘emergency.’
- 10:14: Coast guard contacts Costa Concordia, is told the vessel had suffered a power outage.
- 10:48: Coast guard is told an evacuation is being ‘evaluated.’
- 10:58: Costa Concordia sounds onboard evacuation alarm.
- 12:42 a.m., January 14th: Captain Schettino , in lifeboat, is phoned by coast guard officer, captain Gregorio De Falco, and ordered go back “vada a bordo, cazzo!”.
- 1:46: Coast guard again calls captain and orders him to board the ship so he can give an inventory of passengers.
Filed under: News · Tags: ansa, black box recordings, bridge, call of the captain, captain de falco, captain francesco schettino, captain gregorio de falco, century, comandante schettino, compagnia, Costa, costa concordia, costa concordia itinerary, costa crociere, costa cruises, crew, cruise ship, Domnica, emergency ladder, francesco schettino, home details, italian coast, Moldavian girl, nave, schettino, ship