Travel Job Offer by American Express: Information Manager – Global Meetings and Events Program Management Office Job (United States)
Since American Express first entered the travel business in 1915, their Consumer Travel Network has grown to one of the world’s largest travel networks.
Information Manager – Global Meetings and Events Program Management Office-13010189
As part of the Global Meetings and Events Program Management Office, this role will primarily support analytical and consultative services through delivery of insightful business intelligence regarding the overall customers’ meeting activity. Ensures the accuracy and completeness of customer’s meeting data entered into the meetings technology tools to provide reporting for Strategic Meetings Management (SMM) clients.
ANALYTICAL AND CONSULTATIVE SERVICES:
* Identify, analyze, and communicate business intelligence accurately and informatively in an effort to impact business decisions utilizing multiple sources including: client data, account knowledge, meeting industry knowledge, client industry knowledge and benchmarking information.
* Identify trends and forecast potential issues for action by the Account Manager and business leadership, as necessary.
* Compile report packages for the customer which includes spend data analysis and savings trends.
* Assist the Account Manager in assembling the data for quarterly and yearly customer performance reviews.
REPORTING SYSTEM EXPERTISE:
* Develop expertise in meetings technology applications such as Cvent, StarCite, etc.
* Identify and implement best practices. Maintain consistency in technology usage across all users.
* Ensure reporting data integrity and share positive and negative results with each team.
* Recommend process changes to maximize the efficiency of the staff and improve the accuracy or the data being collected.
* Excellent MS office skills, particularly in Excel and Access.
* Creative and innovative mindset with an aptitude for technology and/or software solutions and problem solving .
* Strong organizational/time management skills and ability to effectively prioritize workload.
* Outcome focused mindset.
* Proven ability to deliver high quality deliverables under tight deadlines.
* Ability to think conceptually, using strong analytical skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and relationship building skills.
* Ability to influence and motivate others.
* Ability to process large amounts of complex information, and identify the key, pertinent points.
* Self starter possessing ability to drive results with little supervision.
* Bachelor’s degree required, with an emphasis in Business Administration.
* 2 – 3 years experience in hotel industry room revenue management or sales analysis.
* 2 – 3 years prior experience in business analysis.
Primary Location: United States