Travel Job Offer by American Express: Lead Business Analyst Job (Gurgaon, HARYANA, IN)
Since American Express first entered the travel business in 1915, their Consumer Travel Network has grown to one of the world’s largest travel networks.
Lead Business Analyst-13007417
Global Corporate Services (GCS) continues to be a fast growing business. Accelerating growth momentum, increasing profitability, and powering up our value proposition are key objectives for GCS organization. The Global Business Performance (GBP) organization, within GCS, is instrumental in ensuring achievement of these objectives.
The GCS Analytics COE is part of the GBP organization. It is the analytical engine that powers profitable business growth through consultative and innovative solutions across GCS.
The listed position supports the GCP clients and the Account development teams by providing consultative management information to identify beneficial opportunities and trends and matching the identified needs with existing AXP offerings.
Specific responsibilities include
– Consult with field/ADs and customers to identify best fit reporting solutions that support customers in their efforts to improve sourcing effectiveness and the management of their global card programme
– Improve field AD’s effectiveness through consultancy & solution selling that incorporates leveraging best practices, creating customised business Intelligence reporting solutions that help an AD be more consultative and drive entrenchment.
– Undertake complex reporting designing Assignments that involve significant data manipulation, custom views and additional hierarchies to be set up outside Amex current reporting capabilities (division based reports, carbon emissions etc.)
– Perform analysis on key customers (‘premium customers’) spend leveraging Amex Data to help maximize spend visibility, benchmarking, identify savings opportunities, recommend solutions to improve payment processes and help demonstrate the value of American Express data.
– Contribute to continuous improvement of Management Information, by expanding on our reporting capabilities through automation, consolidation of metrics / parameters, incorporating intuitive analysis and recommendation or by creating new intuitive MI etc.
– Production of regular and adhoc Consultative MI reports for Global Corporate Payments Customers, Account Development Managers and Sales Managers
– Manage, master & leverage information across various data sources, cross-tabulating to integrate, synthesize and enrich information by leveraging various reporting solutions (SQL, Excel, Access, SAS/Microstrategy/IBI etc.). (Data Sources @work-card, travel, Virtual AR – mainframes cocas, VAP, ASDB, CMHDB etc.)
– Successfully engage in multiple initiatives, lead or support ongoing projects and provide consultative expertise focused on win-win solutions
– Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
– Strong consultative insights, data management skills, thought leadership and attention to detail
– Proven ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
– Proficiency in Excel, Access & VBA
– BI platfolm exposure SAS (Base, MACRO, STAT), Microstrategy, Information Buildiers and SQL knowledge would be preffered
– Effective communication skills and superior command on English
– Ability to meet strict deadlines and in a fast paced environment
– Excellent team player
– Bachelor’s degree.
Shift timings :01:30pm to 10:00am (shift is subject to change as per business needs)
Primary Location: India-Haryana-Gurgaon