Travel Job Offer by American Express: Lead Office Counselor (Global Business Travel) Job (Fairlawn, OH, US)
Since American Express first entered the travel business in 1915, their Consumer Travel Network has grown to one of the world’s largest travel networks.
Lead Office Counselor (Global Business Travel)-14004662
Choose a career at American Express and you choose a company with a 150-year history of integrity and a demonstrated commitment to the future of its employees. Known around the world as one of the most successful financial services businesses, a leading consumer brand, a gold standard in customer satisfaction, and one of the best places to work – American Express is interested in getting to know you.
The Lead Office Counselor in Global Business Travel will arrange routine and complex domestic and international business travel for air, car, hotel, limo and rail. This person will provide consultative multi-country routings for best fares and preferred carrier usage and ensure optimum customer servicing while coordinating interdepartmental responsibilities. The Lead Office counselor will utilize Apollo GDS and Point of Sale Tools, such as Apollo RezOnePlus (ROP), positive telephone service techniques, act on special customer requests and, maintain excellent client relations. This person will also support and monitor VIP travelers and coordinate meetings. In addition, he/she will give work direction to all Travel Counselors and ensure company guidelines and standards are followed, and assist and direct team with problems and resolving issues. Due to the business needs, this person may be required to travel up to three times yearly with incentive and groups.
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
· 5+ years corporate travel experience; current corporate travel experience and experience at an on-site environment are assets.
· Working knowledge of Apollo GDS is required.
· Knowledge of international fare construction and airline routing principles; in-depth knowledge of world geography.
· Has demonstrated leadership in a Team Environment.
· Previous experience working directly with Senior Executive and VIP travelers.
· Professional written and verbal communication skills.
· Able to multi-task in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
· Must be able to quickly learn and integrate policy and procedures; knowledge of American Express procedures and Point of Sale tools is highly preferred.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products, such as Outlook, Excel, and Word; experience with Access is an asset.
Due to the business needs, this person will provide on-site support at the client in the Fairlawn/Akron, OH area.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster.
If the link does not work, please copy and paste the following URL in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
Primary Location: US-Ohio-Fairlawn