Travel Job Offer by American Express: Manager Client Servicing Job (United States)
Since American Express first entered the travel business in 1915, their Consumer Travel Network has grown to one of the world’s largest travel networks.
Manager Client Servicing-13017698
The Global Client Group Client General Manager is focused on client satisfaction and retention while increasing profitability and driving premium revenue across diverse, global client relationships.
The Client Manager’s role is to grow and increase non-transactional revenue through consultative sales skills, a sophisticated ability to synthesize client needs and identify innovative solutions, a strong understanding of the external market, and an in-depth knowledge of the power of the American Express value proposition.
Responsibilities: In order to drive growth, develop innovative, value-add and client focused solutions and increase retention, the Client Manager will also be responsible for:
Possessing an in-depth understanding of key business drivers, organizational culture and the competitive position of clients.
Client Managers must be able to ‘get under the skin’ of the clients they work with and understand their individual needs, motivations and ‘hot buttons’, in order to develop truly customer focused solutions.
Providing guidance to customers in the assessment of goals and strategies in order to optimize performance across their program. Identifying innovative solutions to enhance productivity & improve traveler/caller experience during service fulfillment.
Developing and executing sales efforts to further penetrate account, drive non-transaction premium revenue, increase profitability, and promote innovative expense management solutions for clients beyond the traditional Air, Hotel, and Car.
The Client Manager will establish partnerships with key internal business constituents across the organization in order to build a web of influence at the C-Level within accounts.
Executing strategic account plans, focused on identifying transformational business opportunities that enhance and optimize the customer experience, creating customer value, exceeding customer expectations, strengthening client relationships, driving savings, increasing retention, and optimizing performance through process and data analysis.
Leading the enhancement of the American Express value proposition through consultation, technology road mapping and optimizing online servicing solutions. Leading business planning, quarterly and annual reviews, pricing strategies, ongoing P&L management, and business negotiations on rebids for strategic accounts.
Researching the marketplace and competitor products and services to highlight the value that distinguishes American Express products, and specifically leverages MI, benchmarking, and technology as critical value drivers.
Contributing to business planning, C-Level executive reviews quarterly and annual reviews, pricing strategies, ongoing P&L management, and business negotiations on rebids for strategic accounts.
Enhancing the American Express value proposition through policy consultation, researching white paper needs, technology road mapping, optimizing online solutions, and event content development.
Key Skills & Qualifications
– Proven success and demonstrable positive results in a global account / client management, sales, consulting, or procurement experience within the travel industry
– Proven success in selling products, services and solutions increasing client revenue and profitability
– Demonstrated ability to implement and develop strategies, build action plans and set goals.
– Proven innovative problem-solving abilities and decision making skills required, in addition to prioritization, and planning skills
– Strong negotiation skills, including the ability to handle objections and achieve mutually beneficial solutions
– Demonstrated ability to proactively build and maintain a comprehensive network, both internally and externally, in order to successfully navigate through client organizations
– A sophisticated range of communication and presentation skills
– Demonstrated ability to quickly learn, understand, and articulate key product and value proposition knowledge in a variety of contexts
– Strong financial acumen required to leverage the key drivers of profitability
– Strong business acumen required to communicate the American Express Global Business Travel value proposition
– Strong analytical mindset
– Previous experience within a multinational/global environment preferred
– Possess a strong understanding of the Global Business Travel marketplace. Travel Operations knowledge required
– Demonstrated knowledge of Business Travel Service Delivery and Client Management
– Working knowledge of Business Travel Service Delivery technology/tools and processes
– Thorough understanding of Service Delivery framework & processes to provide innovative solutions and resolution
– Advanced software skills (MS Office) required
– As the primary Business Travel contact for such customers, the Client Manager’s key areas of focus are driving results through client negotiations and positively influencing the key client decision makers through effective communication and strategic guidance
– The Client Manager will demonstrate a balance between the customer needs and profit protection and will scrutinize performance metrics for each customer, in order to pinpoint opportunities based on themes and patterns
– The Client Manager will work closely with functional business partners to close any gaps in quality or reporting accuracy
– Skilled at managing and executing change, the Client Manager will also be able to recognize risks to the portfolio, identify an action plan, and proactively coordinate mitigating actions with Service Delivery leaders
Problem Solving & Decision Making
a. – Describe the type of decisions made by this position on a regular basis. In-policy decisions related to scope of own portfolio. For example: The right products and services to develop new client solutions Pricing and negotiations to support the above Retention strategy and re-bid proposals Service platform & configuration. Negotiations related to BAU products & services
b. – What types of decisions are referred to the next level? Policy Exceptions within scope of own portfolio Decisions related to clients where impact extends beyond scope of own portfolio Negotiations led by GBC&S / Commercial / Client Solutions
Educational requirement: BA; Master’s preferred
Primary Location: United States