Travel Job Offer by American Express: Market Leader – Meeting Services Job (Hong Kong, HONG KONG, HK)
Since American Express first entered the travel business in 1915, their Consumer Travel Network has grown to one of the world’s largest travel networks.
Market Leader – Meeting Services-13009459
Leads our Asia Markets for our Meetings & Events business and is responsible for Asia’s market growth strategy, annual business planning, P&L management and operational leadership.
* Will drive the creation of the market strategy & annual business planning process for two primary Asia markets
* Will ensure alignment of this strategy with Amex Sales and Client channels including Business Travel & Corporate Payments Leadership
* Will be responsible for executing this strategy and making adjustments as required
* Responsible for full P&L management including forecasting & reporting of actual on a monthly basis
* Responsible for delivering services to achieve budgeted sales revenue targets
* Provides regular communication to management on progress against performance targets and makes adjustments as necessary to achieve targets
* Lead two markets with multiple team leaders and about 20 meetings & events staff members.
* Develops talent within the Meetings & Events operational unit through 1-1 coaching, performance management, competency assessments, training, feedback, regular meetings and formal appraisals to ensure adequate succession planning and career advancement for staff.
* Maintains and improves employee & team satisfaction and engagement while driving change management
* Will drive processes that meet or exceed customer satisfaction standards and SLAs as defined and agreed with client base and measured by CSAT surveys
* Drives continuous improvement to operational processes to demonstrate increased profitability
* Optimizes the efficiency of resources & maximizes the productivity across multiple markets in Asia Pacific as well as effectively staff and maintain service levels through seasonal volume fluctuations
* Highly developed strategic & critical thinking skills with demonstrated ability to execute and manage projects effectively
* Proven & successful leadership skills with experience of managing multi-cultural teams
* Drive to achieve results and sustain and grow performance in an environment with a strong change and growth agenda
* Ability to manage and resolve conflicts, coaching, feedback and effective communication skills, motivational, influencing, facilitation, mentoring, problem solving techniques
* Ability to deal and communicate with customers at all levels with credibility
* Strongly service ethic
* Understanding of principles and key drivers of customer satisfaction
* Fluent in English, Cantonese & Mandarin preferred
Primary Location: Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong