Travel Job Offer by American Express: Meeting Coordinator – Project Management Meetings & Events Team Job (United States)
Since American Express first entered the travel business in 1915, their Consumer Travel Network has grown to one of the world’s largest travel networks.
Meeting Coordinator – Project Management Meetings & Events Team-13015659
Global Employee Meetings (GEM) is an extension of American Express’ Global Supply Management organization(GSM). GEM’s primary responsibility is ensuring that American Express Company has successful, memorable, safe, risk free and brand enhancing events. We work with our clients to support events that meet business objectives while driving new awareness, retention, education and revenues to American Express Co.
Supports the Project/Meeting Management Team (Meeting Managers, Senior Meeting Managers, Project Account Managers, Operations Managers and Directors) for assigned program deliverables. Work directly with them to develop and adhere to project timeline. Primary liaison for management of some support departments per assigned program (i.e. Attendee Management, Mail/Shipping department, etc). The scope of this position is dependent upon assigned account/programs. Will vary from client to client and program to program.
– Contributes to and encourages a positive and open work environment to maximize quality of work life.
– Embraces the Growth Mindset way of thinking and management including: – Seeking out and out and welcoming demanding tasks and taking calculated risks – Use setbacks and mistakes as learning opportunities – Value hard work and effort to continuously get better – Seek out constructive feedback – Motivated by the achievements of peers – Embrace setting stretch goals – Keep open minds and embrace thinking in new directions – Comfortable taking informed risks – Learn from mistakes and iterate – Collaboration and teamwork is integral
– Meets all deadlines as established by Meeting Management Team and client vendors.
– Creates and monitors hotel block and communicates updates to team.
– Recommends specific needs/fields to be included on web site prior to web building, including activity descriptions, registration deadlines, etc, and then assists with building and management of all activities, meetings and reports. Performs quality control check on web site prior to going live and communicates challenges to Web Manager.
– Creates first draft meeting and event menus for Meeting Management Team as requested, and ensures quality and accuracy of Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) against itinerary/working agenda.
– Manages Speaker/Sponsor accommodations & transportation.
– Manages VIP special requests & accommodation assignments.
– Partners with dedicated team to communicate registration/air needs.
– Process individual registrations for participants and/or assist with questions regarding registration.
– Produce name badges, labels and tent cards, etc.
– Responsible for scheduling and managing project mailings assuring all pieces are ready, to include but not limited to, hard copy and/or electronic mailings of invitation, confirmation, final documentation and mail merge, if applicable.
– Ship program materials including travel director packets and forward tracking information to Meeting Management Team.
– May manage small events on own including project timeline, additional vendor negotiations, web requirements, program materials, program itinerary, billing, etc.
DATA AND REPORT MANAGEMENT:
– Utilizes business program management system to manage programs.
– Creates and manages reporting timeline, documents and spreadsheets for assigned programs, as required by team and client.
– Maintains accurate records, data input, and complete file management as outlined in American Express Meetings & Events and client policies and procedures.
– Creates and delivers custom forms/reports to client and team such as sign-in sheets, breakout schedules, rooming lists, transportation, etc.
– Process supplier invoices as required.
– Reconciles events and expenses as needed.
– Participate in client meetings and conference calls to provide updates on registration data as needed.
– Attend and participate in operational turnover and internal meetings to capture pertinent information: including timelines, reporting needs and contact information.
– Communicate reporting timelines with Meeting Management Team.
– Participate in pre-con meeting one week prior to program operation by providing updates on assigned tasks.
– Actively participate to improve inter-departmental processes, systems and communications.
– Embraces the Growth Mindset way of thinking and management discipline including: – Seeking out and out and welcoming demanding tasks and taking calculated risks – Use setbacks and mistakes as learning opportunities – Value hard work and effort to continuously get better – Seek out constructive feedback – Motivated by the achievements of peers – Embrace setting stretch goals – Keep open minds and embrace thinking in new directions – Comfortable taking informed risks – Learn from mistakes and iterate – Collaboration and teamwork is integral
– Order and verify supplies for team and programs.
– Special projects as assigned by Meeting Management Team.
– May assist, greet and direct participants onsite at event.
– Manage administration of documents and SOP’s for access to team.
– Assist with on-boarding of new employees as requested.
– Other duties as assigned
– A minimum of 2-years business experience or collage degree
– 4 Year Bachelors Degree Preferred
– CMP or SMMP preferred
– 6 months to 1 year of past meeting planning skills preferred
– Ability to communicate effectively and professional with all levels of management and clients
– Appearance needs to always be neat and professional
– Understanding of current business and social etiquette
– Proven organizational skills
– Ability to handle multiple demands
– Ability to work accurately and timely – in order to meet deadlines
– Ability to be flexible and handle change well
– Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point skills required. Microsoft Viseo skills a plus
– Experience with meeting industry technology a plus, especially for attendee registration
Role will sit virtual and candidate must be located on the East Coast.
Primary Location: United States