Travel Job Offer by American Express: Meeting Planner / Venue Finding Specialist Job (Warsaw, POLAND, PL)
Since American Express first entered the travel business in 1915, their Consumer Travel Network has grown to one of the world’s largest travel networks.
Meeting Planner / Venue Finding Specialist-14004706
To support our team we currently looking for a Meeting Planner / Venue Finding Specialist.
At American Express we recognise that our most valuable asset is our people. After all, it’s our people who deliver an excellent service to our customers all around the world, and it’s our people who therefore drive our ambition to become the world’s most respected service brand.
American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) provides globally integrated solutions, both online and offline, as well as through mobile applications, to help organizations manage and optimize their travel expenses and service their traveling employees. American Express Global Business Travel has one of the world’s largest travel agency networks, with the ability to support clients in 138 countries worldwide.
Meeting Planner / Venue Finding Specialist will be responsible for delivering an innovative, quality, meetings consultancy service for conferences, meetings and group accommodation. The job holder will be responsible for providng a total venue finding service – including: rate negotiations, production of proposals, contracting, payment to suppliers, reconcilation of spend, reporting etc. The person will be responsible also for building individual client relationships that guarantee client loyalty and repeat business. In some cases the Meeting Planner / Venue Finding Specialist will be also responsible for Planning part of the project so coordinating the event after the contract is signed through the organising all the services requested by the clients ending on execution of the event, reconsiliation and reporting.
Venue Sourcing & Contracting:
* Sourcing venues for a global international client from a hub located in Warsaw (working hours might be in shifts between 08:00 – 18:00)
* Work with Suppliers to secure savings/added value and to maximize all commercial opportunities for American Express
* Qualify the client’s brief and source appropriate venues within pre-agreed SLA’s
* Multiple venue finding, negotiation and proposal according to the client’s requirements as well as any preparation of costings and invoicing that may be required
* Accurate data input into the Starcite system
* Undertake continuous self-development and training to ensure outstanding quality and customer satisfaction standards are achieved
* Maintain up to date knowledge of key locations and venues by working with preferred suppliers on product updates, attend fam trips etc.
* Brief development
* Project planning and timeline development
* Detailed Word or PowerPoint proposal
* Develop and secure arrangements for entertainment, decoration, activities, travel documents etc.
* Coordinate food and beverage
* Manage room block and attrition
* Project management / work with 3rd parties (e.g., DMC, audio-visual, speakers, insurance agency, etc.)
* Meeting space management
* Attendee management
* Budget management
* Final cost reconciliation
* Invoicing and payment
* Administration Support Support for the team in various administrative tasks Challenges
* Orientation in a complex and wide area of responsibility, good knowledge of AMEX internal processes and systems
* Strong alignment with the Meetings & Events team
* Priorities and tasks management, partially with several purchasers with managerial authority
* Managing and prioritizing tight deadlines
* Excellent venue knowledge, mainly in Europe – extensive knowledge of UK market is an advantage
* Methodical approach to work with excellent project and time management skills
* Show good initiative/communication skills, specifically telephone techniques – including ability to interpret clients requirements and lead the client where appropriate by demonstrating knowledge and expertise
* Strong negotiation skills
* Good understanding and usage of online tools and reporting systems
* Commercial awareness
* Solid accounting understanding, basic knowledge in bookkeeping; analytical thinking
* Confident, professional personality which is portrayed on the telephone and face to face with colleagues and clients
* Ability to resolve discrepancies
* Excellent team player skills supporting colleagues and ensuring the smooth operation of the department, good collaboration with the Project Manager / Senior Project Manager
* Competency in Microsoft applications including knowledge of Excel
* Strong communication skills in English
Primary Location: Poland-Poland-Warsaw