Travel Job Offer by American Express: Sourcing Adoption Manager Job (Los Angeles, CA, US)
Since American Express first entered the travel business in 1915, their Consumer Travel Network has grown to one of the world’s largest travel networks.
Sourcing Adoption Manager-13013641
The Sourcing Adoption Manager role will be one of dual functionality – 1) Meeting & Event Sourcing, and 2) Program Adoption. Ideal candidate will have sourcing and planning experience as well as superior communication skills and persuasive relationship abilities. Although focused on sourcing, as this is the main area of opportunity to maximize savings and mitigate risk, candidate will also be able to support event logistics if required.
1) Meeting & Event Sourcing – Functions as the primary client liaison and lead for assigned programs. Consults with meeting owner on destinations and critical program components based on client requirements. Negotiate prices and contracts, mitigating risk wherever possible and communicates event details and potential impacts to Meeting Owners and suppliers on a timely basis. Follows American Express Meeting & Event and Client processes and procedural requirements for all Sourcing activity. Will focus on Sourcing and Adoption, but will also be capable of supporting program logistics as needed.
2) Program Adoption – Responsible for growth of the program. Focus on interacting with various levels within the organization, developing and maintaining relationships with meeting owners and key stakeholders. Utilize relationship skills to identify potential meeting owners and be proactive in meeting those potential stakeholders, thereby expanding web of influence and supporting program growth. Responsible for educating clients on the services available through relationship with American Express Meetings & Events as well as the value of those services. Identify roadblocks to program growth at both the key program stakeholder and meeting owner levels and appropriately address / mitigate concerns to help drive program adoption.
1. Onsite in Los Angeles, California
2. Minimum of five to seven years experience in project, event or meeting management required
3. Minimum of three to five years procurement / hotel buying experience
4. Proven negotiation skills
5. Demonstrated knowledge of the strategic approach to articulating value propositions
6. Able to drive results and to act and lead as a change agent
7. Prior successful experience in developing, managing, and maintaining key client and supplier relationships
8. Extensive domestic destination knowledge required, international preferred
9. Operations experience in hospitality industry or equivalent a plus
10. Proven aptitude for technology and/or software solutions and analytical skills required
11. Prior experience in effectively handle multiple projects/demands both simple and complex in nature
12. Exceptional communications skills
13. Proven relationship skills at all levels
14. Ability to prioritize
15. College degree preferred
16. Ability to travel by airplane, boat, rail and/or car
17. CMP designation a plus
18. MS Suite competency
19. Meetings management technology experience a plus (Cvent, Starcite)
Our recruitment efforts are focused on identifying a seasoned Sourcing Manager with extensive procurement and logistics experience who also has excellent communications skills and experience in building relationships.
Primary Location: US-California-Los Angeles