Travel Job Offer by American Express: Specialized Corporate Travel Counselor- Virtual Job (United States)
Since American Express first entered the travel business in 1915, their Consumer Travel Network has grown to one of the world’s largest travel networks.
Specialized Corporate Travel Counselor- Virtual-14004205
Choose a career at American Express and you choose a company with a 150-year history of integrity and a demonstrated commitment to the future of its employees. Known around the world as one of the most successful financial services businesses, a leading consumer brand, a gold standard in customer satisfaction, and one of the best places to work – American Express is interested in getting to know you.
As an American Express Specialized Corporate Travel Counselor, this person will provide a specialized servicing to client travelers that will require high touch service. This Travel Counselor will join a team of highly skilled travel counselors offering unique level of service as well as vast destination knowledge. This Travel Counselor will be accountable for both individual goals, as well as shared team goals, and will be responsible for providing customer service and accurate completion of both international, domestic travel arrangements, and special requests.
– Arranging routine and complex domestic and international business travel for air, car, hotel, limo and rail.
– Providing consultative multi-country routings for best fares and preferred carrier usage.
– Ensuring optimum customer servicing while coordinating interdepartmental responsibilities.
– Proficient knowledge of the Sabre GDS
– Uses positive telephone service techniques; act on special customer requests and maintain excellent client relations.
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
· Minimum of 2 years of recent travel experience is required; corporate travel experience is highly preferred
· Working knowledge of the Sabre GDS is highly preferred
· Knowledge of international fare construction and airline routing principles; at least 2 years of international travel knowledge is required.
· In depth knowledge of world geography is required.
· Professional written and verbal communication skills
· Able to multi-task in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
· Must be highly productive in a self-directed work environment
· Must be able to quickly learn and integrate policy and procedures; knowledge of American Express procedures is highly preferred.
Due to business needs, this candidate must be able to work Sunday-Thursday, 8am-8pm EST.
– Dedicated work space must be within own residence and that follows the ergonomic and safety guidelines for performing travel counselor duties
– Axcess@Home Agent is responsible for supplying their own furniture; desk with lockable drawer or separate lockable file cabinet, chair, document shredder, smoke detector in proximity of work area, and fire extinguisher
– Axcess@Home Agent must complete Flexible Work Arrangement Application and Agreement
– Axcess@Home Agent must complete and meet the requirements of the Work Environment and Safety Assessment
– High speed internet capability with at least 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload speeds: DSL or Cable (no wireless or satellite ISP’s are permitted)
– Dedicated and separate analog landline phone for training and production calls (no VOIP – voice over internet protocol)
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster.
Primary Location: United States