Travel Job Offer by American Express: Team Leader – Extraordinary Care Team – Miramar, FL Job (Miramar, FL, US)
Since American Express first entered the travel business in 1915, their Consumer Travel Network has grown to one of the world’s largest travel networks.
Team Leader – Extraordinary Care Team – Miramar, FL-14000479
A successful Team Leader within American Express Travel and Lifestyle Services has a passion for delivering extraordinary service and demonstrated leadership ability to inspire their team to drive outstanding business results. A Travel Team Leader is the Coach to a team of highly skilled and motivated Lead Travel Counselors who provide assistance to internal and external customers with booking leisure travel services for the most affluent American Express Cardmembers. As a coach, the TL will monitor team and individual performance goals, will use performance metrics and reporting to drive performance and business results, will monitor customer interactions to ensure extraordinary service, and will provide consistent and on-going coaching and feedback to ensure their teams are performing at their highest levels. The Team Leader is an entrepreneur who is an advocate and supporter for both their employees and their customers. They thrive in ambiguity and can effectively lead their team through change. They are intellectually curious, constantly striving for information about their team, the business, the industry, and they share a passion for growth and knowledge with their teams and peers.
As an American Express Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
– Inspiring a team of Travel Counselors to achieve their goals by providing outstanding coaching, training, and development and by rewarding and recognizing accomplishments
– Evaluating team performance on an on-going basis and providing continuous coaching and feedback
– Assessing the team’s skill levels and competencies and creating development and action plans that are owned and driven by the employees
– Driving Extraordinary business results by leading teams to achieve revenue and customer goals at the individual and team level
– Delighting the customer by ensuring their teams provide an accurate and high-quality experience
– Communicating with their team to ensuring that they are well informed about issues which affect them and their customers
– Creating and implementing creative business solutions to grow the business
– Challenging themselves and their team to “raise the bar,” by driving continuous improvement
A successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
– 2-5 years Business Experience; supervisory experience preferred (Travel industry a plus)
– A minimum 2 years leadership experience
– Ability to drive and measure business results
– Outstanding team player who has proven success working with teams to accomplish goals
– Ability to successfully understand and implement policies, procedures, and programs
– Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
– Detail-oriented with strong organizational and prioritization skills who can work well under pressure
– Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
– Demonstrated passion for service with the ability to resolve customer issues and concerns
– Ability to manage and resolve conflict
– Bachelor Degree is preferred
– Knowledge of GDS system a plus
– Must be flexible to work any shift including weekends and holidays.
– This position will require the ideal candidate to work at least one weekend day
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Primary Location: US-Florida-Miramar