Travel Job Offer by American Express: Travel Counselor – Work at Home – Las Vegas, NV, Seattle, WA and Portland, OR Job (Las Vegas, NV, US)
Since American Express first entered the travel business in 1915, their Consumer Travel Network has grown to one of the world’s largest travel networks.
Travel Counselor – Work at Home – Las Vegas, NV, Seattle, WA and Portland, OR-13016981
A successful Work-at-Home Travel Counselor within American Express Travel and Lifestyle Services (TLS) has a passion for delivering extraordinary service to our Premium Cardmembers, who deserve and expect the ultimate in travel experiences. These positions are aligned with our customer contact centers, and our highly skilled and motivated Travel Counselors will be providing leisure travel services to the most affluent American Express Cardmembers. Our Travel Counselors act as consultants, tailoring our products and services to create a unique and memorable vacation experience. We want extraordinary Travel Counselors who can surpass our customer’s expectations by creating travel experiences of a lifetime.
As an American Express Travel Counselor, you will be responsible for:
– Creating memorable travel experiences for our customers by booking leisure travel with a key focus in domestic and international destination air, car and hotel travel arrangements
– Delivering on the American Express Brand promise every day
– Being accountable and taking ownership of the customer’s experience from beginning to end Staying ahead of industry trends and continuously building destination knowledge
– Creating innovative ways to resolve customers’ issues or concerns to win their loyalty and travel spend; ultimately making a loyal enthusiast out of the customer, so they will recommend American Express Travel to others
Candidates must be available to work between the hours of 8:00am – 9:00pm PT, Monday – Sunday (7 days / week). Hours of operation may change due to business need.
Extraordinary starts here, extraordinary starts with you. Apply online today. www.americanexpress.com/careers
BENEFITS – (Based on individual elections)
– Competitive salary
– Exceptional cash incentive bonus programs and recognition programs
– Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (Day 1)
– Generous vacation and vacation purchase plan
– 401(k) WITH company match of 5% after 6 months
– Legal assistance, pet insurance, life and disability insurance
– Medical and dependent care reimbursement programs
– Domestic partner benefits
American Express is an equal opportunity employer
A successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
– Minimum of 3 years recent experience selling domestic and international travel services
– Strong international air booking experience is required; in combination with car and hotel highly preferred
– Computer reservations experience required, Sabre is preferred
– Extensive domestic and international destination knowledge, including knowledge of emerging destinations
– Exceptional communication skills, delighting the customer with every single interaction
– Passion for serving customers with proactive solutions
– Effective strong consultative selling skills and the ability to listen to the customers’ needs; in turn, offering confident recommendations, resulting in high satisfaction from the customer with the service they received
– Ability to remain cool under pressure and successfully multi-task while developing rapport with customers is essential
– Must be resourceful and capable of using the Internet effectively, to research destinations
– Have a can do attitude, curiosity and a healthy competitiveness
– Adapt to an ever changing environment and being resilient
– Previous call center experience is preferred
– Ability to work flexible shifts including nights and weekends is essential Candidates must be available to work between the hours of 8:00am – 9:00pm PT, Monday – Sunday (7 days / week). Hours of operation may change due to business need.
Although this position is considered Work at Home, the candidate must reside within the Las Vegas-Paradise, NV; Portland, Vancouver, Beaverton; and Seattle–Tacoma–Bellevue, WA Metropolitan Statistical Area which includes the following counties: Las Vegas-Paradise, NV Metropolitan Statistical Area Clark County Portland, Vancouver, Beaverton Metropolitan Statistical Area Clackamas County, OR Columbia County, OR Multnomah County, OR Washington County, OR Yamhill County, OR Clark County, WA Skamania County, WA Seattle–Tacoma–Bellevue, WA Metropolitan Statistical Area King County Snohomish County Pierce County The following are some of the requirements of the Work at Home Program. By applying for this position you are confirming and agreeing that your home will comply with the following. An additional list will be provided at time of interview. ACCESS TO YOUR HOME/WORK SPACE:
-You will provide American Express or their representative’s access to your home to conduct an audit of your work space for WAH compliance standards through the year. WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENT:
-All electrical equipment is free of recognized hazards that would cause physical harm (frayed wires, bare conductors, loose wires, flexible wires running through walls, exposed wires to the ceiling).
-Your home’s electrical system will permit the grounding of electrical equipment. Use a 3 wire circuit analyzer provided to test all outlets that will be used for the home office. WORK AREA:
-Adequate room for a home office. You will need to provide specific details including size and location of room. COMPUTER WORKSTATION:
-American Express will install high speed internet and phone service in the homes of virtual employees. Applicants’ homes must be compatible to work in conjunction with American Express Technological Processes. (Cable Broadband Services or DSL REQUIRED- wireless or satellite services do not meet Amex specifications therefore not eligible)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Primary Location: US-Nevada-Las Vegas